FUGA’s Marketing Services (MS) team was designed to add value and solve problems for our large number of customers by helping them connect their artists with audiences and drive revenue and growth. Sitting within the broader MS team, the Marketing Strategy team is primarily client-facing and responsible for helping define and implement bespoke strategies for campaigns across a client list . This includes identifying current, future and aspirational demographic targets, creating concise roadmaps to achieve stated goals, working with the audience engagement and digital account teams to create key assets that help guide artists’ vision and brand, while managing resources responsibly and ensuring all departments have the tools and information they need to keep the business moving in the same direction with one voice on all projects.
As this role is primarily focused on catalog marketing, we are looking for a candidate who is passionate about and knowledgeable about this space, with prior marketing or promotion experience in this segment of the music industry.
You will be a key and trusted point of contact for a portfolio of FUGA clients (mainly record labels and management companies). You will work closely with your marketing department colleagues in other FUGA offices to coordinate multi-territory campaigns and guide our collective work towards client-specific goals. You will also be able to leverage your knowledge and expertise in catalog marketing, as well as your associated network of industry contacts to add value to our clients and help with campaign execution.
- Be the primary day-to-day marketing point of contact for select FUGA catalog marketing clients, proactively maintaining and developing relationships across multiple key territories.
- Develop an ongoing understanding of clients’ business, campaign and operational objectives, both regionally and globally. Drive internal communications and collaboration to achieve these goals.
- Work with FUGA’s global teams to coordinate global marketing campaigns for label and artist catalog projects, including managing campaign logistics, timelines and assets.
- Work with XFN with the Catalog Development Manager, Physical Distribution Manager and FUGA Timing Team to determine the optimal product mix for each campaign and to maximize catalog leverage on DSPs and in-store Sync/Brand Partnerships space.
- Gather key results and evaluation feedback for all campaigns and work with other departments to present key findings to clients during client business reviews.
- Work with FUGA’s data analytics team to proactively provide insight into catalog-specific marketing and audience growth opportunities, advising clients and internal colleagues on campaign strategy and best practices .
- Work collaboratively to create strategies for growing FUGA’s market share and customer base in the catalog marketing space, including participating in pitching to potential customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key players in the catalog marketing space, including DSPs, media, promoters, agents, etc.
- Be a contributing member of the FUGA community, leveraging and growing your industry network and representing us at industry events when needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within a record label, artist management or music distribution company, with a proven track record in directing, developing and executing music marketing campaigns successful catalogs for a range of artists and genres, working directly with talents or estates and their representatives.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music and musical culture in general.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building ability – always with a professional and confident demeanor.
- A solid understanding of digital marketing strategies and experience coordinating with streaming and audience engagement platforms, labels, managers and artists on campaigns.
- A strong network of industry-specific connections, including key contacts in digital music services.
- Extensive knowledge of the digital landscape and consumer trends.
- Experience working across different time zones and communicating across multiple organizational levels.
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that exemplify organization and attention to detail.
Who we are
- A growing company with strong ambitions.
- This role is part of a growing and resourceful international team, split between our headquarters in Amsterdam, with offices in London, New York, Rome, Milan and representatives in Tokyo, Los Angeles, Seoul, Berlin, Paris, Rio and Sao Paulo.
- An international business environment, made up of colleagues and clients from all over the world with varied backgrounds in the fields of music and technology.
Founded in 2006, FUGA builds software and provides services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of customers and partners in over 50 countries. We operate at the heart of the music. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer and more. By doing so, FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their publishing strategy. FUGA’s products and services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Customers manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect their revenue.