Role: Senior A&R (United States)
Company: Warp Publishing
Location: Los Angeles
Salary: competitive and according to experience
Closing date: Monday August 9
Warp Publishing is looking for an experienced and visionary A&R who knows and wants to defend our list.
As a Senior A&R, you will develop the careers of our artists and writers and lead the signing of artists and catalogs in North America.
Warp Publishing is a leading independent music publishing company with offices in London and Los Angeles. We provide personalized music editing service to a diverse and unique roster of successful artists, sheet music composers and songwriters, including Anna Meredith; Danny Brown; Oneohtrix Point Never; Yves Tumeur; Khruangbin; Boards of Directors of Canada and many more.
Thanks to the expertise we have developed over the past 30 years, we offer meaningful creative opportunities to our artists through songwriting, collaborations, timing and sheet music.
You will be responsible for:
- Discover and sign songwriters, artists and catalogs
- Work with our copywriters to develop and implement a strategy to achieve their ambitions
- Act as the primary point of contact for writers and managers
- Build and maintain a network of contacts; artists, record companies, publishers and collectives
- Secure writing sessions and collaborations
- Presentation of our catalog and our authors to secure song placements
- Management of our writing room and organization of recording studios
- Work closely with our writers, their managers and the UK team to achieve artist and company goals
- Play an active and leading role in the growth of Warp Publishing in North America
What skills and experience do you have?
- Proven experience in a similar role within the music publishing company
- Great knowledge of Warp Publishing music and roster
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently; take initiative and solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the Warp team and with partners
- Commercial awareness of the market; new musical trends; developments and challenges in the music industry
- Have a credible and extensive existing network of contacts: managers; lawyers; songwriters; producers etc.
- Good understanding of music publishing, contracts and the value of copyright
- Organized, with excellent time management skills and exemplary attention to detail
- Passionate about driving our A&R business in North America and excited to drive and ensure further success for Warp
How can I apply?
Please send your CV and a cover email detailing your background and why you are the right fit to lead our A&R activities in North America, to Jo at [emailÂ protected]
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognize the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent. In addition, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be necessary. If you want to let us know about anything, please leave Jo ([emailÂ protected]) know at the time of your request.