Who is Joanna Prior: She has been appointed CEO of Pan Macmillan UK. She will succeed Anthony Forbes Watson after he steps down from the role early next year.
Here’s what you need to know about Joanna Prior
- She was the Managing Director of Penguin General Books at Penguin Random House UK for twelve years.
- She was responsible for leading the strategic growth of this award-winning publishing house.
- During his tenure, Penguin General achieved many milestones. For example, it doubled in size, added new prints, won the Editor of the Year award in 2019, twice won the Women’s Prize for Fiction and the Booker Prize for Bernardine Evaristo’s Girl, Woman, Other . He has also been the source of a wide range of bestselling publications, including Mrs Obamaâ € ™ s Becoming and President Obamaâ € ™ s A Promised Land.
- In addition to her role at Penguin General, she has also served as president of the Publishers Association.
- Currently, she is President of the Women’s Prize Trust and Vice-President of the National Literacy Trust.
- Joanna said in a press release: “I have spent twenty-three incredibly happy years at Penguin, first in advertising and marketing roles and the last twelve as the head of the remarkable Penguin team. General. The decision to leave was not an easy undertaking, but Pan Macmillan is a company that I have always admired – it was actually where I got my first permanent job in publishing. offering to run a business of this size and reputation, with a commitment to publishing the best books of all kinds was something that was compelling. We have all seen how important books are to culture and society over the course of the past year and a half and I am honored to take on this role to lead Pan Macmillan into the next phase of its growth and success.
Indian women run the publishing industry
5 times journalism has crossed the line of ethical conduct in India
Reading and writing short stories in contemporary times